Ecoriginals Crawler nappies are a quality and affordable eco nappy suitable for Day and Night use. They are breathable, safe and free from harmfull chemicals and fragrances. Made from plant based materials and super absorbent wood pulp from sustainably farmed forests.
Designed in Australia, using the latest biotechnology to make the Ecoriginals nappy as eco and affordable as possible without compromising on performance.
- Designed in Australia.
- Super absorbent gell-like material
- Biodegradable & compostable ingredients
- 100% compostable packaging
- Key ingredients in the nappy are plant based which have the ability to biodegrade
- Unique leak barrier uses Cardia Compostable film, instead of the normal plastic layer, meaning nappy is more breathable for bub
- The wood pulp included in the nappy is sustainably farmed
- Free from harmful chemicals and fragrances
- 100% compostable packaging using Cardia Compostable instead of plastic
- Sustainable Forestry Initiative
- Compostable AS 4736 ABAP 10007
What makes Ecoriginals Eco?
There are many layers used to make a nappy. Some of the key ingredients of the nappy is made from plant based materials. A compostable leak barrier is used inside the nappy rather than the traditional plastic layer used in most nappies. Wood pulp is used and sourced from certified sustainable forests. The outer packaging is also compostable plastic so it will break down easily in land fill. This makes the Ecoriginal nappy much more eco but also more breathable for bubs skin.
Although Ecoriginals nappy is not 100% compostable, because the technology currently doesn’t allow for that. For example, there is nothing to replace thing’s like the plastic tabs that stick and hold the nappy in place on a baby yet to still offer this convenience for use. However, the company is committed to working with international biotech companies to search for new biodegradable technology so that overtime we can increase the compostability. If a new exciting ingredient becomes available that performs well then it will be integrated it into the nappy.
How does Ecoriginals nappy perform?
The nappy works very well both during the day and overnight. Through trials and talking to many parents around Australia, it is very important to offer a nappy that performs the same as a conventional nappy. Ecoriginals nappy has elastic in the back to pull the nappy closer to bub, and has the latest design stretch cuffs around the legs to ensure no leakages.